Opportunities for Artists: Art-O-Mobile Project07.20.2005
Background: This project will help fund a scholarship dedicated to art students. Please consider participating through sponsoring or painting a very unusual "canvas." If you are interested in participating or if you would like to sponsor an artist, please call 423-926-2931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once they have enough participants, they will draw a grid on the van and assign spots.
Purpose: In 2002 the Dwight and Louise Nelson Art and Design Scholarship was set up to financially aid an upper class ETSU student based on need and scholastic excellence. With a handful of scholar-ships dedicated to Art and Design students the University needs this tool to continue to attract top notch students. The goal of this project is to help raise funds for the scholarship and ultimately endow it.
Event: Artists or art benefactors may "purchase" sections on the 1994 Oldsmobile Silhouette Van to paint / mosaic / sculpt / embellish. Sections will cost $10 per 6" square or $30 for 4 squares. Other parts (i.e. bumper, wing mirror covers, wheels, etc.) will also be available. Once all sections are committed, embellishing can begin with completion by 11/1/05. The completed Art-O-Mobile will be placed in the front vestibule outside Nelson Fine Art Center. The unveiling will follow the November 4 First Friday. At the end of the project, one participating artist will have his or her name drawn for a $500 custom framing gift certificate at Nelson Fine Art.
1. A description or study must be submitted and approved in advance
2. Sorry, but nudes and political statements are not appropriate for this project
3. To maintain operational safety, windows and mirrors must remain clear of decoration
4. Please use only permanent materials (i.e. no water soluble media)
5. Please discuss any 3D ideas that protrude more than 2 inches from the car surface
6. All "artwork" becomes property of Nelson Fine Art Center, Johnson City, TN.
For more details or to reserve your space, call Nelson Fine Art, 423-926-2931 or email email@example.com